Welcome to my public academic web page. Since August 2011, I am an Associate Professor in the Computing and Information Sciences Department (CIS) at Kansas State University (KSU) and, and member of the SAnToS Laboratory.
I also have pages on LinkedIn and Google+ (and publication lists via DBLP and Google Scholar as pointed out below).
Research Areas and Projects
- Office hours:
- Wednesday and Friday from 10:00-10:30; otherwise by appointment. My office is N214.
- Spring 2014:
- CIS 726, Advanced World Wide Web Technologies.
- Fall 2013: CIS 562, Enterprise Information Systems (web-based enterprise applications).
- Spring 2013: CIS 771, Software Specification.
- Fall 2012: CIS 562, Enterprise Information Systems (web-based enterprise applications).
- Spring 2012: CIS 771, Software Specification.
- Fall 2011: CIS 806, Semantics of Programming Languages.
The most complete list of my publications is available from Google Scholar, DBPL, ACM (author page; keyword search). Selected publications are included below:
- D. Sinnig, P. Chalin, F. Khendek, "Use case and task models: An integrated development methodology and its formal foundation". ACM Trans. Softw. Eng. Methodol. 22(3): 27 (2013).
- B. Larson, J. Hatcliff, P. Chalin, “Open Source Patient-Controlled Analgesic Pump Requirements Documentation”. Proc. of the Fifth International Workshop on Software Engineering in Health Care (SEHC), San Francisco, May 2013.
- B.R. Larson, P. Chalin, J. Hatcliff. "BLESS: Formal Specification and Verification of Behaviors for Embedded Systems with Software". NASA Formal Methods Symposium (NFM) 2013.
- J. Hatcliff, Robby, P. Chalin, J. Belt. “Explicating Symbolic Execution (xSymExe): An Evidence-based Verification Framework”. Proc. of the International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), 2013. [18.5%]
- J. Belt, Robby, P. Chalin, J. Hatcliff and X. Deng. Efficient Symbolic Execution of Programs for Critical Systems. Proc. of the NASA Formal Methods Conference (NFM), 2012 [39%].
- L. Segal and P. Chalin, “A Comparison of Intermediate Verification Languages: Boogie and Sireum/Pilar”. Proceedings of the International Conference on Verified Software: Theories, Tools, Exper-iments (VSTTE), Philadelphia, USA, January, pp. 130-145, 2012 [37%].
- D. Sinnig, F. Khendek, and P. Chalin, “Partial Order Semantics for Use Case and Task Models”, Formal Aspects of Computing, 23(3):307-332, 2011.
- P. Chalin, “Engineering a Sound Assertion Semantics for the Verifying Compiler”, IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 36(2):275-287, 2010. DOI; appendix.
- P. R. James and P. Chalin, “Faster and More Complete Extended Static Checking for the Java Modeling Language”, J. Automated Reasoning, 44(1-2):145-174, 2010. (SpringerLink)
- S. Barrett, P. Chalin, and G. Butler, “Table-Driven Detection and Resolution of Operation-Based Merge Conflicts in Mirador”. Proceedings of the European Conference on Modelling Foundations and Applications (ECMFA), Birmingham, UK, 2011.
- S. Barrett, G. Butler, and P. Chalin, “Mirador: a Synthesis of Model Matching Strategies”. Proceedings of the International Workshop on Model Comparison in Practice (IWMCP), Malaga, Spain, July, 2010.
- P. Chalin, “Adjusted Verification Rules for Loops Are More Complete and Give Better Diagnostics for Less”. Proceedings of the Software Engineering and Formal Methods (SEFM), Hanoi, Vietnam, Nov. 2009 (slides). [26.7% (35.7%)]
- P. Chalin, P. R. James, and F. Rioux, “Reducing the Use of Nullable Types through Non-null by Default and Monotonic Non-null”, IET Software Journal, 2(6):515-531, 2008. DOI.
- P. Chalin, “Are the Logical Foundations of Verifying Compiler Prototypes Matching User Expectations?” Formal Aspects of Computing , 19(2):139-158, 2007.
- P. Chalin, “Are Practitioners Writing Contracts?” in Rigorous Development of Complex Fault-Tolerant Systems, LNCS 4157, M. Butler, C. B. Jones, A. Romanovsky, and E. Troubitsyna, Eds.: Springer, pp. 100-113, 2006. DOI.